Skip to main content


Best Sources of Academic Information

Academic Catalog

The Academic Catalog serves as the official document of academic policies and procedures, degree regulations, program offerings, course descriptions, and academic rights. The Catalog is updated annually.

MIX Email

Your MIX (Mountaineer Information Xpress) email is the official mode of communication between the University and students. Therefore, it is imperative to check and respond to your MIX email messages regularly, so you do not miss important correspondence or deadlines.


There are several campus calendars that can help students keep track of important dates and events.

Office of the Provost

Simple calendar with notable academic events and dates of University closings. Additionally, a calendar that is broken up by weeks of instruction can be helpful when reviewing options related to extended absences or withdrawing.


In addition to an academic calendar containing registration priority dates, this website also includes links to Add and Drop dates and the final exam schedule.

Campus Calendar

These campus calendars assist students in getting connected to happenings across campus and the state. View by topics such as academic programs, student activities, and extension offices, or all offerings to see a variety of events.


Your academic Advisor is a wealth of knowledge and serves to support your academic journey. When contemplating changes to your current or future courses, adding or dropping courses, or considering adding or changing majors, your Advisor should be consulted and involved in those conversations. Your Advisor is also a wealth of information regarding resources at WVU, so if you are not sure where to go specifically, you could reach out to your advisor for additional information.

You can find out who your academic Advisor is by logging into WVU Portal, going into STAR and clicking on the DegreeWorks link. On the top right corner of the DegreeWorks audit, you should see your advisor listed.

If your advisor is not listed in DegreeWorks, you can find your Advisor's information by:

  • Going to the dean's office of your college or school
  • Calling the Office of the University Registrar at 304-293-5355
  • Stopping by the WVU Hub (2nd floor, Evansdale Crossing)

Students Page

This website contains all the latest announcements and events for students to take advantage of these opportunities.

Academic Support

Academic Accommodations

The Office of Accessibility Services (OAS) is dedicated to enhancing the educational opportunities for students with temporary or permanent disabilities at West Virginia University and all of its campuses. To ensure access to University programs, Specialists work individually with students to obtain academic, transportation, or on campus housing accommodations to help them achieve academic success.


  • Tutoring - WVU tutoring centers offer a variety of in-person and virtual options.
  • Find Your Tutoring Center -This tool can assist students in finding the right tutoring center to meet their needs.

Academic Coaching

The Office of Student Success, Student Success Coaching

  • Student Success Coaches work individually with students to enhance their academic success in time management, note taking, reading, and study skills. The coaches will also assist in the transition to WVU by answering questions and providing information about campus resources. This is a free service for students.

MindFit Academic Enhancement

  • MindFit offers Learning Skill Consultations for any WVU student who wants to improve their classroom performance as well as semester-long Academic Coaching programs for students who learn differently. MindFit’s services are pay-for-service options and have limited spots available.

University Libraries

WVU libraries offer resources for those with subject-specific questions as well as research consultations for those who are embarking on a project or a literature review.

Self-Paced Resources

  • Students On the Road To Success (SORTS) seminars focus on topics such as time management, test preparation, and many more. Each of these interactive 30-minute seminars is presented by a Success Coach and designed for a group setting. See current workshops.
  • StudentLingo offers 20-minute online, on-demand workshops focusing on a variety of skills needed to achieve at the college level. Choose from 50 different topics. Each workshop comes with a downloadable action plan to help you put those skills to work. See available workshops.

Academic Support Programs

Summer Boost

Summer Boost is a program designed to help currently enrolled students at WVU increase their cumulative GPA and earn course credit during the summer term. This program will provide students with resources that will help in academic success.

Participants must meet ONE the following eligibility requirements:

  • Cumulative GPA below a 3.0,
  • Eligible to D/F repeat or re-attempting withdrawn course work, or
  • Scholarship recipients needing to reach the benchmark requirements for scholarship eligibility


REACH Student Success helps students transition to college, find passion and purpose, and gain confidence in student's strengths as they earn their degree and advance toward graduation.

First Generation

First-Generation Initiatives develops programs to help “FirstGen” students succeed. First-Generation is defined that as neither parent nor guardian has completed a four-year degree. FirstGen offers mentoring programs, academic help via their student success programs, as well as programs that ensure a seamless transition from high school to college.

Student Support Services

Student Support Services provides eligible undergraduate students with individualized tutoring, academic advising, computer workstations, assistance with the financial aid process, personal one-on-one support from trained SSS professionals, as well as a variety of activities, events, and programs.

Serves undergraduate students who meet the following program requirements:

  • First-generation college student (neither parent/guardian has graduated from a 4-year institution)
  • Income eligible (as determined annually by the federal government)
  • Or have a disability and be registered with WVU’s Office of Accessibility Services

Cognitive Enhancement

MindFit’s Cognitive Enhancement program utilizes non-pharamacological interventions including cognitive training and neuro-feedback to improve attention span, memory and cognitive functioning. This is a paid service with limited spots, more information is provided on the website.

Assessment Services

  • Mindfit Assessment Services - If a student is concerned that they may have a learning disorder or ADHD, WVU MindFit provides paid evaluation services. This includes a comprehensive assessment with referral recommendations. Currently this service is not eligible for insurance billing.
  • Off-campus Assessment Services - There are several local providers that offer learning disorder or ADHD assessments. Information about payment and accepted insurance companies is included in the list above.
  • West Virginia Department of Rehabilitation Services - Can provide evaluation and diagnostic services.

Testing Centers

Grades and Coursework

Note that your Advisor is the best source for up-to-date information on the University’s academic policies and procedures. Please consult with your Advisor if you are considering any academic changes.


DegreeWorks provides WVU students and advisors a visual checklist of courses and objectives required for graduation, including major requirements, major electives, capstone, as well as each general education foundations (GEF) requirement. Students can access DegreeWorks via the WVU Portal.

Check Grades

Students can check their midterm and final grades through the WVU Portal and accessing STAR. Once in STAR, navigate to the Student Services and Housing tab, then Student Records tab, and select View Grades to view.

Calculating Grades

The academic catalogs contain information about the grading system and how to calculate a student’s GPA (Grade Point Average). Additionally, in DegreeWorks, which is accessed through the WVU Portal, students can use a tool to determine their GPA by term or calculate what is needed to reach a specific GPA. *Note that repeated coursework may need specialized calculation.

Satisfactory Academic Progress

Students must maintain a certain GPA and a completion rate (amount of attempted vs. completed credit hours) of 67% or higher to be eligible to receive federal financial aid. Additionally, students much complete their undergraduate degree within 150% of the allotted hours needed to complete the degree (maximum time frame). WVU's Financial Aid website will explain this policy, provide the minimum standards, and review of the appeal process if a student does not maintain eligibility.

Maintaining Scholarships

Repeat Policy

Once awarded, students must meet eligibility requirements (typically a cumulative GPA and earned credit hours) to continue to receive aid in the form of scholarships. Because there are various sources of aid, there will be varied requirements to renew as well. Students should inquire with the funder to determine what their particular conditions and exceptions are annually.

D/F Repeat Repeated Courses - D/F repeat is an opportunity to repeat a class in which the student received a grade of “D” or “F” on their first attempt of the course and replace the original grade with the new grade. For Undergraduate students, this policy would allow the first attempt grade to be removed from their institutional GPA, and for Graduate coursework all grade attempts remain in the GPA calculation.

Course Attempt Policy

Some courses are ineligible to D/F repeat and would fall under the Repeated Courses policy. There may be limitations on number of course repeat attempts and further attempts may be requested utilizing the form linked on the Undergraduate Academic Strategies, Curriculum and Assessment website.

Some colleges, schools, or majors may have a stricter attempt policy. Students should contact their academic advisor for additional information.

Office of the Provost - Additional Course Attempt Form

Mid-semester courses

Mid-semester courses are a great opportunity to replace a class mid-year or earn expedited credits. However, sometimes it is not in a student’s best interest to enroll in mid-semester coursework due to their expedited delivery. Also, there could be challenges with the maximum number of credit hours in a given term. Students should consult with their academic advisor before registering for a mid-semester course to determine if this might be a viable option for them.

To find mid-semester course options:

  • Go to
  • Under the “Course Schedule” heading, click the “Start search” button
  • Select the term
  • In the section labeled “Part of Term”, select “1st Half S/F Term – 8 weeks” and/or “2nd Half S/F Term – 8 weeks”
  • Fill out any additional search criteria
  • Click the Search button

Other Term Courses

WVU offers several options to earn credit hours at an accelerated pace. Winter Intercession (runs between Fall and Spring semesters) and Maymester (within the month of May) are 3 week, online only courses that may be appealing to students. Summer coursework is also available in a variety of modalities and lengths of term.

WVU Online

WVU Online offers fully online course study programs for associate, undergraduate, and graduate degrees as well as undergraduate and graduate certificates. Please note these are online programs with an admission process, online or hybrid class options are available for traditional campus students outside this program.

Academic Probation and Suspension

In the event that a student may be placed on academic probation or suspension due to academic performance, the provided links review the process and methods to reduce the possibility of time away from school via suspension.

Credit Residence Requirements

In order to meet residency requirements at West Virginia University locations for a bachelor's degree, students must complete a minimum of 90 total credit hours in residence or 30 of the final 36 credit hours in residence to earn a WVU degree. Individual colleges, schools, or departments may have additional residence requirements as part of their degree or major requirements.

Note: Resident credit hours are not synonymous with West Virginia state residency definitions for tuition purposes.

More information on residency requirements in the academic calendar.

Transient coursework/transferring credits

Transient coursework is any coursework taken by a currently enrolled WVU student at another institution. Students are limited to take a total of 18 credit hours in transient, and only 9 of which may be major specific requirements.

For more information regarding transient coursework and related policies see the academic calendar.

If you are a current WVU student who wants to take credits at another regionally-accredited institution, the first step is to see your academic advisor to get permission to begin the process. Once you know what courses you want to take, you and your advisor can access the transfer credit database to determine the available transient credit courses. Any courses not found in this database, may be requested to be added via the Transfer Equivalency Review Request (TERR). For more details, see the Transient Credit Approval Process.

The WVU Transfer Equivalency Self Service (TESS) system is designed to help potential WVU students identify course equivalency information for courses from other institutions. TESS also allows students to see how their translated coursework is applied in their desired degree program.

Remember, your academic advisor can help you identify which courses are eligible for transfer as well as guide you through the transient coursework and credit transfer process.

See transient coursework in the academic calendar for additional information.

Graduate School Time Limits

Master’s Degree

Master’s degree students are permitted to continue in a program for a maximum of eight years following their term of admission to the program. Students who have been inactive for two or more years or who exceed eight years following their term of admission are required to apply for readmission to the University and their graduate program.

Doctoral Degree

Doctoral candidates are allowed no more than five years in which to complete the remaining requirements of their program after being admitted to doctoral candidacy to ensure that students earning a doctoral degree have current knowledge in their field. Admission to doctoral candidacy is normally expected to precede work on the dissertation (check program guidelines for exceptions to this expectation). The five-year time limit begins with the start of the semester following the completion of a program’s requirements for doctoral candidacy.

More information on degree regulations.

Students Seeking Re-admission

You are considered a readmitted student if you have been away from the University for at least one semester excluding the summer terms. More information on readmitted students.

Navigating Absences and Emergencies

Attendance Policies

The academic catalog fully explains each aspect of the absence types; below provides a brief overview for ease of information navigation. Outside of any accommodations formally granted through the Office of Accessibility Services or ADA Coordinator and implemented with the instructor (or supervisor in the case of student employment), all determinations of ability to make up missed work due to absence is at the discretion of the instructor. Per the University policy, instructors are able to ask for third party documentation.

University Sanctioned Absences

University sanctioned absences are absences in which instructors provide opportunities to make up missed substantial class work or activities (e.g., assignments, exams) and will not penalize students for those absences.

Examples of university sanctioned absences:

  • Mandatory court appearances
  • Mandatory military obligations
  • Participation in university activities at the request of university authorities

Excused Absences

Other events may justify an excused absence at the discretion of the instructor or program, school, or college. Instructors appropriately notified regarding anticipated absences that are not university sanctioned may use their judgment as to whether to allow make-up work. Quarantined students are expected to complete class work and activities as assigned.

Examples of excused absences:

  • Medical appointments or general illness
  • COVID-19 related absences
  • Illness or death of an immediate family member
  • Religious observances
  • Extreme weather

Students that experience chronic or reoccurring illness are encouraged to register with the Office of Accessibility Services (OAS) for formal accommodations related to class participation and absences.

Military Leave Policy

WVU supports its students who are also members of the United States armed forces, reserve units, and National Guard. Absences of less than three weeks of course work for military obligation (i.e. drill or training) are university sanctioned absences. WVU’s Center for Veteran, Military, and Family Programs has additional information on the drill schedule for the West Virginia National Guard and can provide official verification of student’s military orders upon request.

Students who will miss more than three weeks of course work due to military obligation should notify faculty members of the circumstances of their absence as far in advance as possible and work with faculty members to agree upon a plan of action.

Students who receive orders with sufficient advance notice are expected to notify their professors of their upcoming deployment date and meet with their professors to come to an agreement on what regular course assignments they can reasonably complete prior to the deployment date. The details of this arrangement should be included in a contract initialed by both the instructor and the student and kept on file in the Dean’s Office. Students should not be penalized for not completing assignments, quizzes, tests, or exams due after their deployment date.

For more information:

Campus and Community Life Assistance

Students who encounter extreme circumstances that necessitate short-term absence, such as a death in the immediate family or hospitalization, should contact the Office of Campus and Community Life at 304-293-5611. The Office of Campus and Community Life will notify instructors of imminent absence in situations in which the student is unable to do so. Please note that the Office of Campus and Community Life does not "excuse" absences but will communicate to instructors for notification purposes only.

For more information view the University's Attendance Policy

Emergency Leave Policy

During any semester, students may experience serious emergencies that will prevent them to be present in class or participate in a course for more than a week.

Short Term Leave (1 – 3 weeks)

Up to 13th week of instruction:

  • Can withdraw from one or several classes.
  • Must work with their instructor to develop a plan to catch up on work that they have missed.
After the 13th week of instruction:

  • Students may petition the Dean of the College, where the course is housed to obtain a late withdrawal from a single class.
  • Students who wish to withdraw from all their classes can petition the Dean of the College where their major is housed for a full, retroactive withdrawal.
  • Request an Incomplete (see next section)

Long Term Leave (3+ weeks)

Up to 13th week of instruction:

  • Can withdraw from one or several classes.
  • Notify Dean of College to facilitate with instructors a plan of action to catch up on work that they have missed.

After the 13th week of instruction:

  • May receive a grade if the course is substantially complete.
  • Notify Dean of College for an administrative withdraw.
  • Request an Incomplete (see next section)

For more information:


A grade of “I” (Incomplete) is a temporary grade assignment used when unforeseen, non-academic circumstances arise that prohibit students from completing the last course assignments or examinations at the end of the semester. Generally, the student will have been active in the course up until the last day of the 13th week of classes and earned at least a “D-“ to be eligible to request an incomplete.

Leave of Absence

Graduate students in good standing who wish to be away from their academic endeavors at WVU for one or more semesters but intend to return at a later date may request a leave of absence. Students should consult with their program or school/college concerning the required procedure to request a leave of absence.

Some programs (such as some master’s programs or part-time programs) may not require students to request a leave of absence in order to enroll intermittently and remain in good standing. Doctoral students admitted to candidacy who do not wish to enroll for one or more semesters must be granted a leave of absence in order to maintain their candidacy. Leaves of absence are not required for summer terms unless otherwise specified by a student’s program.

When possible, requests for leaves of absence should be submitted in writing to students' program directors or department chairs prior to the beginning of the semester for which the leave is desired. Program directors or department chairs (or their designees) determine whether or not to grant leaves of absence, the length of time granted, and any conditions students must meet to return to their program following the leave of absence (including a date by which students must inform their program that they plan to return). Students are informed in writing of the outcome of their requests, and copies of the outcomes are retained in students' departmental or program records.

For more information:


General considerations when withdrawing from courses:

Academic Considerations

  • Students who wish to withdraw from one or more courses are encouraged to meet with their academic advisor.
  • Students should determine if t heir course load would be reduced below the minimum requirement set by their program.
  • If a student is enrolled in two co-requisite courses (courses that must be taken and completed simultaneously) and withdraws from one of those courses, the student will be automatically withdrawn from the other co-requisite course as well.
  • If withdrawal from the University for a semester would jeopardize the student’s standing in a particular program or major, the student should speak with their academic advisor about their options.

Financial Considerations

  • Students should contact the appropriate office to determine if their course load might be reduced below the minimum hours required to qualify for financial aid, scholarships, international full-time student status, or a graduate assistantship or fellowship.
  • Students who receive financial aid, veteran benefits, or scholarships should consult with the appropriate unit to see if the withdrawal will affect their status for the current or subsequent terms.
  • Reminder that there may be financial aid, scholarship, and loan implications for withdrawing and changing class/majors. If you are receiving funds from any of those sources, it is recommended that you speak with the HUB (304-293-1988)
  • It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that all outstanding financial obligations to the University are satisfied and all required forms are received and processed. The withdrawal becomes official only after the request is received and processed by the appropriate institutional officer.
  • Students must maintain a level of academic progress toward completing their degree or teacher certification to retain eligibility for aid - including student loans, parent loans, federal work study, and grants. Changing or withdrawing from a class could affect Satisfactory Academic Progress.

Housing Considerations

  • Students withdrawing from all of their courses in a term who are living in University residential housing should vacate housing and turn in keys via the proper procedure. Check with the main desk at the residential hall for procedural details.
  • Withdrawing does not terminate a lease for students who live in University apartments or off-campus housing

Aetna Health Insurance Considerations

Students enrolled in the WVU-sponsored Aetna health insurance plan who withdraw from the University or drop below the eligibility requirements:

  • BEFORE the add/drop date will be eligible for a full refund of the insurance fee and un-enrolled in the health insurance plan.
  • AFTER the add/drop date during the fall semester will maintain their insurance coverage through the end of the calendar year and will NOT be eligible for a refund.
  • AFTER the add/drop date during the spring or summer semesters will maintain their insurance coverage through the end of the plan year and will NOT be eligible for a refund.

Other Considerations

As you transition out of Morgantown, there are some things you want to consider/accounts to close:

  • Discuss moving out with your landlord/roommates – what will happen to your end of the lease, do you need to find a sublet
  • Do you need to take any utilities out of your name or close accounts?
  • Do you have a parking permit/agreement to end?
  • What accounts are better to close in person (e.g., local bank account)
  • Forward your local mail to your permanent address

Withdrawal during the Drop/Add period

Students may withdraw from an individual course or all courses during the drop/add period, without receiving a “W” on their transcript, which runs until the end of the first week of a standard fall or spring 16-week term. Courses that are not 16-weeks in duration will have different drop/add periods. See timeline here:

To withdraw from one or more courses by the withdrawal deadline, students should log on to the WVU Portal accessible at and drop their courses through STAR. Students may also email the Office of the University Registrar ( from their WVU MIX email account requesting to withdraw from one or multiple courses before the withdrawal deadline.

Withdrawal by the Withdrawal Deadline

Generally, students can withdraw from one or more courses after the Drop/Add period but prior to the withdrawal deadline published in the University Calendar (during the 13th week of instruction for 16-week courses during the spring and fall terms). A grade of W will be recorded on the transcript, indicating the student withdrew from the course. The grade point average is not affected, but student progress within an identified major may be impacted, as well as the ability to retain financial aid. Additional information can be found about withdrawing from courses here: Students who do not formally drop or withdrawal from a course they are no longer attending will receive an earned grade for the course.

Students who withdraw from all courses prior to the middle of the semester may be entitled to have their tuition and fees reduced. For more information, please refer to the tuition reduction schedule here:

How to Withdraw

To withdraw go to and then click STAR

  • Click on “Student Services & Housing”
  • Click on “Registration”
  • Click on “Access Registration Tools” (this will open a new screen in Banner)
  • Click on “Add or Drop Classes”
  • Select current term and continue
  • In the bottom right hand window section called “Summary”
  • Use the drop-down menu options under the “Action” column to select “Course Dropped with ‘W’”
  • Do this for every class and then click the “submit” button in the bottom right corner

Retroactive Withdrawal

Withdrawal from all courses after the withdrawal deadline is considered a retroactive withdrawal from the University for that term. A retroactive withdrawal for one or more terms may be granted only under extreme circumstances and will require the approval of the academic college or unit in which the student was enrolled for the respective term(s). The retroactive withdrawal must be requested within 12 months of the withdrawal deadline for the term in question. If the withdrawal is granted, a grade of W will be recorded on the transcript for each course. A withdrawal from all courses constitutes withdrawal from the University for the approved term only.

To withdraw from the term after the withdrawal deadline, a student must request the retroactive withdrawal in writing from the college dean or designee. A successful petition will demonstrate that the student’s performance was uncharacteristically low for that term, that the extreme circumstances arose after the withdrawal deadline, and that the student can now make satisfactory progress.

Housing Refund for Students Living in Residence Halls

Room and board for residence hall students may be prorated and refunded up until a certain date. Refer to the housing contract for additional details:

Tuition and Mounty Bounty Refund

Students can log into Nelnet, WVU’s refund platform, through the WVU Portal by clicking on “Set up Refund Preference” under the Portal’s WVU Resources section.

If your financial aid and/or payments are more than your institutional charges, you will be refunded the difference. We strive to process refunds as quickly as possible. The fastest way to receive your refund is through ACH (direct deposit) to a U.S. bank account.

For more information:

To request a refund of Mounty Bounty, use this form.

Tuition Insurance

WVU utilizes the GradGuard Tuition Protection Plan from Allianz Global Assistance to offer students the option to purchase Tuition Insurance

This helps better protect your tuition in case of an unexpected injury or illness. It is also a good option for students with chronic physical or mental illness that may affect classroom attendance and/or performance

You can get a quote for free and then decide whether this plan is best for you and your needs


Transcripts can be requested through the Portal if the student is currently enrolled. If the student has withdrawn, transcript requests can be obtained through Credentials Solutions. See more detailed information on the Transcript Request Page.


Academic Appeals



At the conclusion of the fall or spring term, students with an overall GPA below 2.0 are sent a probation letter from the Office of the University Registrar (OUR) or appropriate office via e-mail to their MIX account. This communication informs the student that they have been placed on probation effective for the end of the current term. Students on academic probation will be placed on contract by their College and required to complete specific academic requirements.


The accumulation of probationary terms may result in suspension at the end of the Fall and Spring term if the student has a GPA below 2.0. Students are suspended only after a regular term.

  • First Suspension: students who earn an overall GPA lower than a 2.0 for three regular terms (consecutive or not) will be placed on Academic Suspension for one calendar year.
  • Second Suspension: after returning from their first suspension, students who earn an overall GPA lower than a 2.0 for two additional regular terms (consecutive or not) will be placed on Academic Suspension for one calendar year
  • Third Suspension: after returning from their second suspension, students who earn an overall GPA lower than a 2.0 for two additional regular terms (consecutive or not) will be placed on Academic Suspension for three calendar years.

Suspended students have until late December or early June (exact date specified in the emailed notice of suspension) to appeal the suspension by following the appropriate workflow as described in the notice of suspension. Students who appeal their suspension and are denied, or who do not appeal it, will be removed from their Spring or Fall term courses.  For more information regarding Academic Probation, Suspension and Suspension Appeals, please visit the Academic Strategies, Curriculum and Assessment website.

Additionally, suspended students may register for courses at any WVU campus in Winter Intersession immediately following a fall suspension or Summer immediately following a spring suspension. If a student improves their overall GPA to a 2.00 or higher, they can continue their studies in the next regular term. However, the suspension still counts as a prior suspension.

Other Academic Appeals

Academic Standards Resources

This website provides supplemental materials to faculty and students for use in reporting and appealing violations of WVU's academic standards policy. Before using any of these materials, faculty and students are urged to consult the full academic standards policy in the WVU Undergraduate Catalog or the WVU Graduate/Professional Catalog.

Academic Catalog

Information regarding academic appeals of an academic penalty, academic dishonesty finding, or a final grade, is provided in both the catalogs and the Academic Standards Resources page on the Office of the Provost website. The Academic Standards Resources page provides detailed information about the process such as important deadlines, how to submit the appeal, and frequently asked questions.

More Procedures

Financial Aid or Scholarship Appeals

For information about types of financial aid, scholarships, requirements, and estimating cost of attendance: and

Students can view or accept financial aid, cost of attendance, financial aid requirements, and financial aid holds through the WVU Portal by accessing STAR. Once in STAR, navigate to the Financial Aid tab and click Financial Aid.

Satisfactory Academic Progress

Students must maintain a level of academic progress toward completing their degree or teacher certification to retain eligibility for aid - including student loans, parent loans, federal work study, and grants.

For more information:

Financial Aid

Students suspended from financial aid have the option to appeal for their aid eligibility. To increase their chances of approval students should:

  • Have extenuating circumstances* which:
  • Were beyond their control;
  • Occurred during a period in which the student was enrolled; AND
  • Impacted their ability to be academically successful.

*Potential circumstances include but are not limited to a medical condition such as student injury, illness, or mental health diagnosis, medical diagnosis of a family member or close friend, death of a family member or close friend, birth of the student's child, divorce, separation, adoption of a child, issues related to COVID-19, or other personal difficulties that were unexpected and beyond the student's control.

For more information:

Financial Aid Applications and Appeal Forms: