Kenneth D. and Carolyn T. Gray Student Emergency Fund
The Kenneth D. and Carolyn T. Gray Student Emergency Funds are reserved for currently enrolled students who experience a true emergency causing a financial hardship such as money needed for unplanned trips home due to a death or illness of a family member, replacement clothing or books due to a fire or other disaster, medical emergencies or other unforeseen but urgent situations.
- Emergency monies are not to exceed $300 unless unusual documented circumstances exist.
- Students may receive only one Emergency Fun disbursement within an academic year.
- Emergency Funds are not intended for tuition and fees or standard living expenses.
- Emergency Fund disbursements are not made when school is not in session.
- Each Emergency Fund application will be considered on its own merits.
- Supporting documentation showing need may be required.
- Students must be registered for a minimum of six credit hours.
Processing and Disbursement
- Applications are reviewed immediately or no later than 24 hours.
- Once approved, emergency items will be purchased by the Office of Student Life staff with a credit card issued expressly for this purpose. Itemized receipts will be retained to document expenses. There will be no cash disbursements.
- You must have proper identification in order to receive assistance (such as a valid driver's license and your WVU ID (Mountaineer Card).